Why is cleaning so important now?
Washing with soap and water is one of the key public health practices that can significantly slow the rate of a pandemic and limit the number of infections, preventing a disastrous overburdening of hospitals and clinics.
It is estimated that the COVID-19 and other viruses in the Coronavirus family, such as SARS and MERS, may survive for a few hours or up to several days, this may vary under different circumstances such as surface, temperature or humidity of the environment. With the amount of traffic that many retail stores are subjected to, it is now more important than ever to ensure consistent and thorough window and general cleaning services continue.
Hygiene and prevention
Clear Choice Nationwide believes that good hygiene is the responsibility of each individual. If every person practices good cough/sneezing etiquette, thorough hand-washing, keeping high touch point areas disinfected e.g. POS, light switches, door handles, doors, keyboards (use disposable key board covers daily or change when contaminated), this will help to reduce the imminent spread. In addition to the regular disinfect cleaning from your store staff, your regular general cleaning services are conducted by trained cleaners paying particular attention to the cleaning and disinfecting of these areas.
It’s important to remember that prevention is a 2 step method.
- Clean area thoroughly
Below you will find some of the additional cleaning services and products being requested by our clients:
COVID-19 Decontamination Cleaning
In the event of suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 contamination, Clear Choice offers a specialized decontamination cleaning service throughout Australia and New Zealand for retail stores, head offices and distribution centres.
If contamination occurs the following methods can be used following immediate closure of the store;
- Thoroughly clean all frequently touched surfaces. Including but not restricted to the following examples: doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, toilet seats, handles, counters, handrails, touch screen surfaces and keypads. AFTER this method, move to disinfect.
- Thoroughly disinfect all frequently touched surfaces with an approved hospital grade product. TGA approved chemical product can be loaded into a fogging machine for hard to reach surfaces, killing the bacteria/virus. The same pre-approved product is applied to the frequently touched areas.
- Throughout this process all cleaners wear full protection hazmat suits, gloves, eye-wear, masks and booties.
COVID-19 Protection Products
Through our international supply network, Clear Choice Nationwide may be able to source some products that are currently on long back-order in Australia, to help protect your national network from the spread of COVID-19, these include but not limited to:
- Certified 70% alcohol 500ml Hand Sanitizers
- Sanitizer Dispensers
- Disposable Gloves
- Social Distancing Stickers
Please contact us via the form on this page for more information.